The oldest baroque residence in the Upper Rhine Valley was originally designed as a comparatively small hunting palace in 1697 but plans changed mid-construction. Today the palace offers guided tours and is home to a memorial and a museum of military history.
Situated in one of Germany’s most beautiful parks, and with its own lake, Favorite Palace impresses with the largest collection of early Meissen porcelain in the world.
Based on the pavilion of the same name at the Nymphenburg Palace, the Pagodenburg was built in 1722 as a tea house by the counts of Baden.
Today it is used as an art gallery. The adjacent Café Pagodenburg offers a great view over its surrounding park.
Since its completion in 1721 the historic town hall was expanded several times until it reached its current state in 1899. The town hall is in use to this day and seats the city administration as well as the mayor’s office.
The oldest church in continuous use in Rastatt was first mentioned in 1207.
63 years passed between the first plans and the completion of this catholic church in 1764. Its main fassade of red sandstone is adorned with four patron saints.